General Dynamics at CANSEC 2015
May 21, 2015 | Featured Story
OTTAWA, Ontario - General Dynamics will showcase products and capabilities responsive to Canada's national security and defence communities at CANSEC 2015, May 27-28, at the Ernst & Young Centre in Ottawa.
With key industrial capabilities in air and shipborne underwater acoustic systems, airborne mission management systems, C4ISR systems, armoured vehicles and ammunition, General Dynamics is a leading provider of critical defence capabilities to Canada. General Dynamics is committed to driving economic benefit to the country through collaboration with local enterprise, and through the expansion of international export markets. Visit General Dynamics at CANSEC at the following locations:
- Booth #1301 and #3200: General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada
- Booth #1501: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems - Canada
- Booth #1601: General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada will showcase the new LAV 6.0, in service with the Canadian Army. Located in the indoor exhibit (#1301), the LAV 6.0 features the latest technology enhancements in survivability, mobility and lethality. The outdoor exhibit (#3200) will feature the LAV MRV Maintenance Recovery Vehicle: Designed for battlefield survivability and with self-defence capability, the LAV MRV is equipped to conduct recovery operations effectively and expediently. The LAV MRV also supports the commonality of the combat-proven iconic LAV fleet.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems - Canada will showcase a variety of small-, medium- and large-caliber ammunition from 5.56mm to 155mm artillery projectiles. Its Simunition FX training will be highlighted, a non-lethal training product including FX® Marking cartridges, conversion kits and protective equipment for use in force-on-force training.
General Dynamics Mission Systems will feature Canadian underwater acoustic solutions and technologies on offer for current and upcoming programs, as well as airborne mission management capabilities developed for the Aurora maritime patrol aircraft and the Cyclone maritime helicopter program.
The company will introduce information on Team Triton - General Dynamics Mission Systems, Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems, and Raytheon Canada - and our proposed ready-for-delivery capabilities to upgrade and modernize the anti-submarine warfare (ASW) capability of the Royal Canadian Navy's (RCN) twelve Halifax Class Patrol Frigates.
On the booth we will showcase core-to-edge capabilities suited to military, first responder and industrial operations in harsh environments, including LTE capability for military and public safety use. Information on the future of Vehicle Electronic Architecture, including Tactical Networking and Routing, Power and Video Distribution, and Mission Computing and Displays will also be available. Finally, as a trusted provider of cyber-defense technologies, products and systems for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Mission Systems will feature cyber-defense products integral to hardening tactical networks and securing the information moving across those networks.
Products on display include:
- Sectéra® vIPerTM Universal Secure Phone: a secure desktop phone that allows you to easily switch between making end-to-end secure and non-secure calls on Voice over IP (VoIP) and analog networks, eliminating the need for multiple desktop phones. The vIPer is the only VoIP phone certified to protect information classified Top Secret/SCI and below over commercial wired networks. In addition, the vIPer supports multiple key-sets for U.S. government sponsored interoperability.
- TACLANE®-1G (KG-175G) Network Encryptor: a low profile, one gigabit-per-second, network encryptor. The TACLANE-1G is ruggedized for both tactical and strategic environments and is NSA certified to protect information classified Top Secret SCI and below. The TACLANE-1G is the first High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) with cyber sensing capabilities available today.
- TACLANE-10G (KG-175X) Network Encryptor: a high-speed cyber-defense encryptor that expands throughput performance to 10 Gb/s. The TACLANE-10G is NSA certified to secure information classified Top Secret SCI and below and is capable of accepting additional software to improve network efficiency and sensing capabilities.
- TACLANE Trusted Sensor Software: the first-of-its-kind, NSA-approved, optional feature for the TACLANE-1G. With Deep Packet Inspection, TACLANE Trusted Sensor Software allows customers see and analyze all the traffic passing through the network for enhanced situational awareness.