All communications and networking products and systems destined for defence applications must meet strict information security standards.
General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada provides complete Information Assurance (IA) consulting and engineering services, which ensure our products, systems and solutions comply with the certification and accreditation requirements of national security agencies.
IA engineering services
- Definition of security architectures
- Development of requirements for security enforcing functions
- High level threat-risk and vulnerability analysis
- Security-related test procedures and performance of high-level penetration testing
- Configuration of secure operating systems
- Development of security-relevant documentation, such as accreditation plans and security impact analysis
Experienced IA engineers
These services are provided by a team of experienced IA engineers, which includes personnel with advanced degrees in IT security-related fields, such as mathematics and computer science. Several of these engineers have security-specific certifications, such as the internationally-recognized International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) Certified Information Systems Security Professional designation. The combined expertise of the team is applied to support IA efforts in:
- Network/telecom security and cryptography
- Security management (including security management practices, security architecture and models, and the development/planning of operational and physical security)
- Access control systems and methodology
- Application and systems development security
- Business continuity/disaster response planning and law/investigation/ethics
Mitigate security threats
To support IA certification and system accreditation efforts, the team has established strong relationships with the national security authorities of several nations, including the NSA, CSE and CESG. The team's knowledge, experience and relationships enable General Dynamics to architect and deliver tactical IA solutions that mitigate security threats in deployed communications systems.